What we Do
Over the past 20 years Business Environment has undertaken a wide range of environment and sustainability projects across many sectors. These include education, construction, mining, transport, finance, federal and state government, small to medium business, schools and community groups. This selection of projects illustrates our depth of knowledge and experience.
- Advice on environmental law & planning requirements, environmental impact assessment & auditing, compliance EMP
- Project examples: Major project EA (Bloomfield, Donaldson, Tasman, Abel, Ulan Mines), transport & construction REFs (Abigroup), EMR/auditing (Perisher WTS), CMR (Daracon Third Hunter River Crossing), project environmental advice for local Council requirements, compliance EMPs for Charlotte Pass Village, Bloomfield Colliery, Port Waratah Coal Services, Pacific Hwy & M5 upgrades, Sydney NW Growth Corridor.
- Procedure & system development, training & facilitation
- System/strategy examples: Charlotte Pass Village, Bloomfield Colliery, St Vincent & Mater Health Services, various schools & SMEs, environmental project risk assessments for government energy savings program, Lachlan CMA, community liaison for Daracon, Ulan Mine, Ecological/carbon footprinting for Blacktown City Council waste services
- Sustainability training & facilitation examples: Various projects for National Centre for Sustainability, Swinburne, including materials for accredited Implement & Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices program, energy efficiency pilot program development and training for TAFE NSW, program facilitation for National Energy Efficient Building Project; NSW OEH energy saving program; various projects with EcoSTEPS including Lachlan CMA, St Vincent & Mater Health Service, Australian Water Association, NSW LGSA sustainable procurement program; talks and procedures for various schools, SMEs, community groups & green festivals.
- Green services, products and branding
- Project examples: Carbon auditing for City of Sydney with green construction product research, talks to schools, Rotary, community groups, business networks and & festivals.
- Sustainability as a business advantage
- Project examples: Organising international sustainability speaker Australian tours & events (Bob Willard, Hunter Lovins); strategic sustainability advice - various businesses; water & energy saving initiatives - various schools & SMEs; sustainable business networking events.